Friday, June 2, 2017

To My Little Dude

My sweets
My how my thoughts race and go to a place
I wish they didn't
It's hard to not take things so seriously
When God has gifted us with the most beautiful thing in the world
You

And now that my heart suddenly knows what to do
And how to love full and deep
It wants to weep
And cry out
What if?

What if we pass and you go to a place that doesn't last
What if you forget us
What if you forget what love looks like
And how to laugh at life big and small
And not to take on it all

What if you forget the things you did when you were young
Like growling demonically as a funny voice
And we laugh because it is funny
And weird
Or you winking at us all because you thought it might make us laugh
And it did

Oh how I wish I could see your every day
And come at it every way
With love

But I can't
I'm human
And I am here for as many days as God allows
In His good and perfect plan
And still I am a daughter of eve
Destined to fall, to deceive
And yet receive the greatest gift of all- salvation
And from that a nation
A multitude of hope
Of blessings

You are a blessing
Never a curse
And you can do anything my love
Quick to nurse and cuddle
Determined and not afraid
I'm thankful for each day
At your side I have stayed

They are not all easy but they are good
Because God is with me

May you more than anything, sweet Jonathan Hal Claes,
Know that you are loved and never alone by the creator of all that was is and every will be
He will always be with and in you
Guiding you
And in that, my weary heart lays and rests

In Jesus name,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment