Thursday, September 7, 2017

Trust the Good One

Whooo..ooooo
the barred owl cries

Who, Who are you?
a bubble?
A ball?
Will you even grow at all?

My heart is good soil
ready to take you in
ready to show you light
in this world smeared with sin

you will see it all around you my sweet
you will see it in your friends
your family
but we are all one and the same

guilty
but loved

so love others
even when its hard
and learn who to trust
and who not
even when it turns your heart in knots
to withhold
sometimes its better if others don't know

not your closest, no with those you always share
but don't give your heart
to those who don't really care

your story is a gift

and yet I know
as I write
that you will do this
in spite of these letters
and share with them all

and my love
I'm here to catch you when you fall
but the One who does that so much more than me
is the One who created you to be

He knows your path
your struggles, your pain
and weeps alongside you like a torrential rain

so curl in His hand
let Him hold you tight

that is how to rest each night
breathe it out and breathe Him in
He who carries all of our guilt and sin
and protects and keeps us all the same

Jesus is His name

trust Him even more than me
because He, the way, will help you see.

 Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment